Preparing for Christmas: Button Snowman Ornaments

Snowman Christmas Ornament or Snowman Pin using Buttons for 2017

What a cute, adorable and easy project to make!
I used medium and big white buttons to make this cute snowman...the bigger the buttons the better.

 I went through my stash of buttons and selected ones that would be the best for this project.  To my astonishment, I found out that I'm running low on white buttons.  So in the meantime, I am replenishing my stash slowly but surely.

I glued two different size buttons to popscicles sticks (which I cut in half), and let them dry.  You can always use up to 3 different size buttons for the snowmen (small, medium, large).  It'll make the hanging ornament bigger.  While drying I worked on making the black hats out of felt.  

Felt Hat: I made my own little hat drawing on cardboard (using chipboard from cereal boxes, etc...), and using it as a template to cut out the felt hat.  Then I glued the felt hat onto the hat chipboard to make it sturdy.  When dried, I added the green band (ribbon), and 3 red jewelry glass beads for the holly berries.  Last but not least, I used orange Stickles for the nose.

When the buttons, hats and glass beads were totally dried, I finally decorated the snowmen.  I added a scarf using pieces of leftover ribbon. For the eyes and buttons, I used jewelry glass beads. 
Finally when everything was dried, I added the string to the back of the snowman ornament to hang. For snowmen pins, simply glue a pin to the back.  

Snowman kisses & warm winter wishes

Comments

Conniecrafter said…
Oh my goodness, I love snowmen and this is just too cute, fantastic and thanks for sharing how to's!!
Oh what a really cute idea. I love these snowman ornaments you made. Thanks for the tutorial on how to make them.

Popular Posts